Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Remember.......

I remember the smoke rising from the fire and watching my forest burn
I remember Ice Cream at DQ
I remember the smell of coffee and the soft pages against my skin
I remember the rain
I remember the stories and games late at night
I remember the horrid green couches that no matter what you did you would slide off
I remember the flashing lights and sounds from the fireworks on July 4th
I remember dinner with everyone
I remember the cold water of the lake and the warmth of the sand
I remember The football games in the cold water

I remember the long days in the Park looking for animals
I remember the bears
I remember the Rodeo

I remember the fear as we run from the dark and what lives in it
I remember the window

I remember the heat
I remember the hope of a better day
I remember the fish and of fishing
I remember the Eagles

I remember the long ride and the reward of getting there
I remember Howard spring and the cool water
I remember the end and the goodbyes
I remeber the memories

4 comments:

  1. Rainbows! I really liked this. I liked how there are things you are saying that I can only guess what they mean to you. Like, " I remember the heat." That could be about a number of things and it really lets the reader connect by remembering things from their own lives. Well worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very good. I liked how you changed colors. I thought it added a lot, and was a distraction a couple of times (like the bright green color that was difficult to see). But the green couches in green print: very vivid to me.

    "I remember the end and the goodbyes." - That could be a positive memory, like the cast together for the last episode of Seinfeld. Or something sad, like death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem is very child like to me. Its so simplistic, yet has a very nice energy to it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it is childish. I like that you didn't go so in depth that the entry was boring, but you went in depth enough that people can relate.

    The green couches line reminds me of these 2 leather couches we had haha. I tried sleeping on one and i wound up on the floor 8 times during the night.

    ReplyDelete